This is a pretty big release....
Significant performance improvements
- Weak event system overhaul
- Implement INotifyPropertyChanging on the objects in your source collections to get most benefit. However this is not required. Only implementing INotifyPropertyChanged is still fine, but you will gain little performance improvement.
Reactive Programming support: ReactiveObject
- Allows you to make a reactive and event driven object model for amazingly decoupled Models, ViewModels/Presenters.
- Founded on INotifyPropertyChanged/INotifyPropertyChanging rather than requiring the user to rely on first class events.
- Highly optimized core that can observe changes on any object implementing INotifyPropertyChanged, and has extremely low overhead.
- See Andy Kutruff's blog post on ReactiveObject
- Batch update support: If you use AddRange when adding to the source of query, it will reduce the amount of NotifyCollectionChanged events. This is huge for query outputs that are bound to WPF ItemsControls as the UI will only need to update once.
- SelectMany: It actually works now and is super fast
- GroupJoin: Great operator to help setup object relationships
- ContinuousMax/Min support Nullable decimals